Looking Out For Your Family’s Future
Most family law issues come about because of the end of a serious relationship, such as marriage. Whether you and your ex have an amicable split and agree on most things or you are caught in a difficult battle over every detail, you will need a legal guide ready to listen and advocate for you.
At G. Chance Harrison, Attorney At Law, I provide every client with individual attention and open communication throughout their case. I pride myself on responding quickly to my clients’ questions and concerns. In addition, am a true trial attorney with a background in criminal and civil prosecution, so I am not afraid to fight for my clients rights whenever necessary.
Assistance With A Wide Range Of Family Law Concerns
I handle many aspects of family law, the most common of which include:
- Divorce and separation – The end of a marriage comes with many legal hurdles that require you to make informed decisions for your future. I will explain every step along the way to help you make the best decisions for you and your family.
- Child custody and visitation – As a parent, protecting your relationship with your child may be the most important aspect of your divorce or separation. I will fight to protect that relationship and look out for your child’s best interests.
- Child support – Prior to private practice, I worked in child support enforcement. I have a comprehensive knowledge of Tennessee’s laws and requirements regarding this area.
- Property division – Every divorce must deal with how to divide the marital property. This can be a tricky and confusing topic. Allow me to help you understand your rights.
- Domestic violence – Due to my background and training in criminal law, I understand the many issues surrounding domestic violence situations, and I am here to help.
Although many of these topics come up during a divorce, they can come up on their own. For example, if you have a child with someone you never married, you may still need to figure out issues of paternity, custody and child support. In addition, circumstances often change after you have a court order from the judge. You may need to modify a custody or support order down the road. I have the knowledge to help you with all of these issues.
Discuss Your Case With Me In A Free Consultation
I am here to listen. I offer free initial consultations for all new clients so you can make sure I am the right attorney for your case. To schedule your appointment, please call my Knoxville office at 865-234-2138 or contact me online today.